Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mini Scarves!


Going along in the scarf vein, I've got another super simple pattern to share!  This one came about because I love accessories but you can't always work them in to what you're wearing on any given day.  Hence the Mini Scarf.  It's for the days when you just have to wear yarn but it isn't quite cool enough or you need a color punch for your outfit but it's too warm for a traditional scarf.  I have a thing for bright colors and contrast so I really like the Mini Scarf's ability to add some interest.  I tend to wear dark colors a lot so having a shot of color is really helpful.

Here is Mini Scarf pattern #1, the Leaf Scarf.



I used Red Heart Designer Sport and an F hook, but, like most of my scarves, you can use pretty much anything you want.

Ch 3.
Row 1: 2 dc in the third ch from the hook.  Ch 2, 3 dc in the same stitch.  Turn.
Row 2: Sl st up to and in the ch2.  Ch 2, 2 dc.  Ch 2, 3 dc in the same space.  Turn.

Repeat row 2 until scarf is desired length.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for how to wear this little one.  The gaps make it so you can pass the scarf through itself.

Mini Scarf #2: the Sea Weed scarf



Is also made with 3 dc clusters, but because you don't turn the work, it comes out in spirals.  Just as an amusing side note, the reason I call it the "sea weed" scarf is because it reminds me of the hanging purple things in the entrance to Ursula's lair in Disney's The Little Mermaid.

Again, I used the Red Heart Designer Sport and an F hook.  Not for any particular reason, it just happened to be what I had at the moment.

Ch 3.

Row 1:  2dc in first ch.  Do not turn.
Row 2:  Ch2, 2dc into the base of the ch 2. Do not turn.

Repeat row 2 until scarf is desired length.

1 comment:

  1. I love your scarves. I've been searching for slim scarves to use for my floral and leaf schemes. May I send a pic of finished product? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete