Thursday, August 25, 2011

Possible Success!

I've just taken the Deneb bolero off the blocking board.  It seems to have worked better than I had expected.  My blocking boards aren't gridded so I was eyeballing dimensions as I was pinning.  Amazingly, when I fold the bolero in half, either direction, it is even!  I still want blocking wires if I have to do this kind of thing again, but I have a lot more confidence in my ability to make it work.  I would post some pictures, but I have managed to misplace my camera battery charger.  Once I find it I'll post pics of however much is finished.  Today must be a good knitting day, because on top of my blocking working out the top down pullover I've been creating is mostly done and also working the way it's supposed to!  I've been taking notes of what I've done so I may even be able to put a knitting pattern up soon.  Of course, then I'm going to have to learn how to do sizing.  That could be interesting.  There's nothing quite like yarn and successful projects to turn a lousy week around.  (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment