Hehe, I told you I like bright colors. That's in my office and yes, all four walls are that color. You wouldn't believe how long I had to play with my camera before it would get the colors right. I wound up using the "autumn leaves" setting on it, it was the only one that didn't get the screaming heebie jeebies when pointed at my walls.
Anywho, the great yellow project is trucking along. I may even name it one of these days. It's working out really well, though, and I'm quite happy with it. I am still a bit concerned about running out of yarn. I've gone through about half of what I have so far and it's made of a discontinued yarn, with a dye lot no less, so it isn't like I can go find more. I think there's enough but I won't know for a while longer yet. Just for fun, have another teaser pic.
I have a new scarf pattern almost ready for posting. It's one I plan on entering in the Vanna's Choice contest, actually, and it's really pretty. I'm having a fiendishly hard time getting decent pictures of it though. I'm not sure why but my camera seems to hate it so I've been having to try all manner of different lighting conditions. Once I get some good shots I'll post it, hopefully that will be later this week.
I've got another 2 or 3 patterns that I'm working on as well I'll try to get them finished and written pretty quick seeing as how gift giving is nigh and they might help someone out. There's a hat pattern floating around somewhere too, but I'm not entirely sure how to describe what I did so we'll see how that goes.
Now then, on to my brainwave! I went surfing the web for interesting geometric patterns, and I found some. I do have plans for a fair number of geometric patterns, but the one I'm really keen on is going to take forever to chart out. Consequently, I came up with something else. I saw this wonderful geometric pattern and I knew it had to become a scarf. Now, I don't want to give away the epicness too soon. For one thing it won't look as epic as it is without having a fair bit of it made. Making it is going to take a while too, it's done in ::sigh:: piecework. One of these days I'm going to invent a good way to make motifs that doesn't involve having to sew them together or use fancy joining techniques. In the mean time, here's a really blurry teaser pic for you.
I'm not sure why, but my camera really doesn't like to focus on highly zoomed things. I suppose that's a good thing for teasers though. I mean, if you don't want to give something away it doesn't really need to be in focus anyway. It is kind of annoying, though. It took me close to three hours to work out how to make the motif for it, I'm still not sure it's exactly right, and my camera just refuses to do what I want it to do. Very irritating. Still, it's a start.