In practice, this concept was a little bit more daunting and will likely take me several days of crafting to form. The logical next step would be to make a second arm. That, of course, is far too logical for me so naturally I started working on the torso.
Using the same webpage as for the arm, I looked at their instructions for making a torso. I then decided that it had too many extra steps to get something that should be relatively simple so I set off into uncharted territory and started building on my own. For a wonder it seems to have worked.
In my mind what you need to make a decent looking corpse is a skeletal framework that has been covered over to look emaciated, corpsed to have a decaying texture, and painted to look like something that has been dead a while. I had good results from using rolled newspaper so that's the tack I took.
The first thing a body needs is a spine. I took 4 sheets of newspaper, made 2 sections of 2 sheets, and then overlapped them to get a long enough tube to be a spine.
To begin I had one "half page" of newspaper. that I folded on its natural fold. From there I folded it in half and opened it to make a median line that I could keep the sides symmetrical. What follows is a step by step run down on how I folded the sternum.
After I had a sternum and a spine I started making ribs. This is where you need mad paper rolling skills. I only made 6 ribs, 3 for each side. I know that isn't anatomically correct, but I'm awfully lazy and I think 6 will give me the definition I'm looking for.
Each roll was a single large newspaper page. I started rolling on a corner and rolled the paper on a diagonal to get a nice long tube. You'll need a wee bit of tape to secure the tube so it doesn't unravel. I suggest making all your tubes at the same time. Reason being that it is highly unlikely they will all turn out exactly the same. If you have all 6 tubes made to begin with you can pair them based on size and use the largest for the lowest ribs and so on. I labeled mine with a pen (since I'll be covering them later) using 1 or 2, for the side, and a, b, and c for position. 1a and 2a were bottom pair, and so on. Then you move to shaping.
I added a collar bone at this point so that I would have a reference for inserting arms later. To do the collar bone I made another diagonal tube, marked the center, and bent it half way from the center on each side. Then I taped it in place and used a bit of tape around the bones so that it will get the same feeling as a real shoulder (you know, the indented section that people go to town on when they give you a massage).
Next step for the body double will be the pelvic girdle and possibly a leg. The foot may or may not happen, I've not quite worked out how to make them yet.