Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Musings of a Halloween Crafter

OK, so my pumpkin head is totally unrelated to this post, but I spray painted his insides this weekend and wanted to show him off now that he's dried out.  Looks a lot better with the dark insides, no?


I think I may be on to something with this whole 'make my own decorations' thing.  Once you start thinking about it, there really isn't a limit to what you can make out of newspaper and paper maché.  My spider nests are coming along quite nicely.  I'm working on what to do with the balloons holding them up, and what I'm going to do with them.  Perhaps I can get some spray foam and fill them in so they're a little more stable.  That will probably make them too heavy though.


What really makes me sad is that I'm still waiting on some newspaper.  I got a boon over the weekend; as I opened my garage door to embark on my errands when lo!  what do I see shining at the end of my driveway but a plastic wrapped bag of newsprint!  Sadly, it was only ads for places I don't go.  I had hoped it was one of the periodic "hey!  look at this newspaper!  wouldn't you like to buy more?" newspapers.  However, it was just enough for me to play with.  Well...kinda.  I couldn't actually complete anything with the paper that I had. I mean, there's only so much you can do with 6 sheets of newsprint.  Once I get more though, oh yeah.  Good times will be had by all.  What was I working on, you might ask.  Part of me wants to be vague and mysterious.  Part of me wants to show off.  (-:  Plus I'm starting to get good at remembering to take pictures so everyone can see my insanity.  So, I decided to give you a teaser.






No, it is not a bicycle seat.  It does rather look like one, but it isn't.  I'll also tell you that I have added to it, it's nothing like close to done, and it already looks AWESOME.  Another hint, after I got this far I only had 3 sheets of newsprint left to play with and if I showed you what it looks like you would instantly know what it's going to be.  Assuming you haven't figured it out yet


I also ordered my red LED submersible lights!  I'm quite excited about them.  Why do they need to be submersible?  Dunno, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with all of them and I thought it best to be prepared.  I will soon be getting 20 of the little things and we'll see how one looks in my pumpkin head.  Squee!



No comments:

Post a Comment