Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Creativity Bonanza

I've been going a little nuts on the designing side of things lately.  My artistic streak, such as it is, has been trying to assert itself in knitting pattern form.  Since my first real attempt at creativity went well, I'm really hoping my next idea does too.  I'm hoping that in a few days I'll actually have a sweater pattern to put out! The sweater itself worked wondrously (pictures to follow later, with the pattern) and with luck I took good enough notes to be useful to others.  In the mean time I have the lace shell, which has been started and set aside already to make room for a sweater for a friend.  She'll be traveling to New York in late October and needs something warm and fluffy.  Plus there is the Deneb bolero.  Evil little thing, I can hear the yarn calling at me all the way from work... "you told your mom you would make me into something, why haven't you?  don't you love your mom?"  and so on and on.  I'm really looking forward to the 3 day weekend ahead, Labor Day is one of my work's official holidays.  I'll be able to take care of my car (needs a wheel balanced or a bearing dealt with, preferably the former), mow my yard, knit, and test out some Halloween recipes!  Very exciting. And now, I go to slump into a stupor and knit, read, or both if I can manage it.  Oof.

No comments:

Post a Comment