Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stem of Leaves Mini Scarf

Another mini scarf pattern.  Can you tell I like them?  This one is a bit different from the others I've done so far.  Firstly, it takes longer to do.  And second, you do actually have to pay attention to what you're doing.  Not a whole lot of attention but more than for, say, the Leaf mini scarf.


I made this using the somewhat customary Red Heart Designer Sport and my trusty F hook.  Are we surprised?  Probably not.  However, I would like to point out that this is the third mini scarf I've made from that particular ball of yarn.  It was a full 3 ounce ball when I started and each of the mini scarves so far have taken about an ounce.  I suspect these little guys are going to help me substantially in cleaning up my stash.  The number of balls of leftover yarn that one accumulates can be rather staggering, and they aren't always enough to make something full sized.  At one point I was trying to put together a scrap afghan.  That idea had a couple of problems, the most important of which is that I am incredibly lazy.  Making a few 3 color, 3 round granny squares is one thing, making well over 300 of them is quite another.  Which leads to problem number 2.  I HATE, hate, hate, hate! piece work.  Sewing all those little buggers together probably would have made me want to toss the whole thing into a lit fireplace.  If I can get away with making something in one and only one piece, it makes me happy.  No sewing, no seaming, that's the way I like it.

Stem of Leaves Mini Scarf




1 ounce (90 to 120 yards) Red Heart Designer Sport
F hook

Leaf Pattern

All joins are done with sl st

Ch 8 and join into a loop.
Ch 1, 16 sc in loop, join to ch 1.
Ch 8, join into a loop.  This should look like an offshoot of the first loop.
Ch 1, 16 sc in loop, join to ch 1,  Then join to first loop where the two loops connect.

Construction


Make one Leaf pattern, ch 5, repeat the Leaf pattern.  Continue in this way until scarf reaches desired length.  End on completion of a Leaf pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment